Thursday, December 20, 2007

**Greetings from Madrid**

Well, I have survived my trip from Dubai to Madrid, via Amsterdam. I will never be warm again. I have not seen under 17C since April and when I got off the plane in Amsterdam, it was -1C! I was in flip flops because that is all I own over here!! I have sneakers today so it was better.

I thought that Amsterdam would be cooler (not temperature-wise) but then again, I only saw the airport. I am a stressed out traveler so leaving for a couple of hours to go to the city sounds like hell to me. Once I arrived in Spain, I met my parents at the airport and did not get a visa stamp. It was weird. In Amsterdam, I had to go through customs to get to the other terminal. Here, no one checked anything. One would think they would be more vigilant. I guess since they pulled out of Iraq, they are feeling pretty confident.

Anyway, today we went to the Camille Claudel Exhibit at the International Cultural Center. If you have a chance to see her sculpture, it is really amazing. She studied under Rodin and may have actually been responsible for some of the sculptures in which he is credited for today. That event plus lunch and fighting the traffic in the rain took up most of our day. Now, I need siesta before dinner at 9pm!!

Don't worry- plenty of pictures to come!

No comments: