Thursday, January 15, 2009

**The Pool Table Saga**

I have inherited a pool table. However, it was covered with ONE MILLION TONS of train table. Now, before y'all email me with complaints that I should have sold or given away the table, please read the following reasons why that would not work:

1) It took 2 people a total of 2 days to dismantle the table. It was a solid piece of 3 layer goodness and there was no way to move it without destroying it.
2) It was very old and the trains did not work anymore.
3) In the world of train collectors, it is not cool to buy a ready made table. It is more respectable to create your own table. It is part of the experience.
4) I saved the buildings and whatever I could salvage before demolition progressed.
5) It is my table and I will destroy it if I want to.

Ready for pictures now? Here is the before:
The Demolition!!





The finale!!
So, stay tuned for the clearing of the pile of crap in the background of all of these pictures to be cleared out! I know you are all jealous of my exciting life!!!

No comments: