Wednesday, January 23, 2008

**Winter is Over**

So after 2 weeks of relative cold and rain, winter seems to have ended. It is still a little chilly and occasionally there is some rain sprinkles but for the most part, it is over. Now, everyone who has lived here for awhile keeps telling me that this will continue on (possibly) thru April. Whatever. No matter how long it lasts, it is not Maine with an average of 10 inches of snow a night. No matter how bad a$$ you think you are; you don't know cold until you get frostbite on any exposed skin in the 15 minute walk to class!

With that said, I am completely behind with posts. Here is what I will be talking about in the next couple of weeks:
-KOA's first trip to the Dubai Police Station!!
-KOA's holiday to Spain
-KOA's New Year
-Even more traffic stories
-Another impressive fight at the Double Decker
-KOA's attempt to get a loaner car while the Focus is being serviced

Not that it is an excuse but for the past two days, I have been trying to post and the site has been completely in Arabic. I couldn't figure out how to change it because the "Language" drop down menu was labeled in a foreign language. We will not even discuss what this says about my Arabic lessons! If you do not believe me, go to the login page and change the language to Arabic and don't forget that it flips everything to the other side of the page!!

Also, I have belated Xmas postcards that will be hitting the Emirates Post this weekend. I am sorry- especially to my sister's friends- for the late delivery but I am very busy. So busy, in fact, that my boss re-considered his rejection of renewing my contract and is in the process of trying to get HR to bribe me to stay. I miss you all but cross your fingers that I can get myself a sweet deal to stay out here another 8-12 months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to be bribed. Why do I always have to be the one bribing? Please Mr. Policeman, don't put me in the drunk tank, here's 20 bucks. Please Mr. Hardcore criminal, don't rape me, here's a more feminine looking man. Please Mr. Judge, don't sentence me to community service. I think you get the point. Now where did I leave my keys?

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate, I thought you'd enjoy this oldy but goodie.



All the organs of the body were having a meeting, trying to decide who was the one in charge.

"I should be in charge," said the brain , "Because I run all the body's systems, so without me nothing would happen."

"I should be in charge," said the blood , "Because I circulate oxygen all over so without me you'd all waste away."

"I should be in charge," said the stomach," Because I process food and give all of you energy."

"I should be in charge," said the legs , "because I carry the body wherever it needs to go."

"I should be in charge," said the eyes, "Because I allow the body to see where it goes."

"I should be in charge," said the rectum , "Because I'm responsible for waste removal."

All the other body parts laughed at the rectum And insulted him, so in a huff, he shut down tight.

Within a few days, the brain had a terrible headache, the stomach was bloated, the legs got wobbly, the eyes got watery, and the blood Was toxic. They all decided that the rectum should be the boss.

The Moral of the story? Even though the others do all the work...

The 'asshole' is usually in charge!

XOX Matty