Thursday, March 27, 2008

**Holidays v 2.0**

So, I completely skipped over my Christmas holiday to Spain. My family met me in Madrid and then, we drove to Valencia. I flew through Amsterdam and did not think about the temperature difference. It was about 70 degrees when I took off and VERY COLD when we landed. I am in flipflops and a tank top. (Yeah, I am one of those snazzy business class travelers!!) When I got to Spain, it was raining. And that was the condition in Madrid most of the time we were there. I was freezing and coming from Dubai, it was a shock that no one spoke English. Everyone here speaks English. The signs are in English. Business is conducted in English. English and service oriented. Spain, especially Madrid, could have cared less that we even tried to speak Spanish. They could not have been more dis-interested with us. Apparently, they thought we were British and there to steal their land or something.

If you are interested, here are some photos and video of the days we spent in Madrid. The car we had was smaller than ANYTHING allowed in the US. The car parks were made to fit the cars with spirals of death as entrances/exits. That is what the video is supposed to be but it was dark and my camera can only do so much!!

Enjoy!!

No comments: