Friday, October 24, 2008

**The Master Bedroom**

So, I have been trying to follow the advice given in the movie, "Under the Tuscan Sun:" "Buyer's remorse is a very common affliction among new homeowners. Just because you have a sudden urge to weep, that doesn't mean you've made a mistake. Everybody knows old houses have their quirks. Especially old houses. I have inherited 800 empty wine bottles, one grape, every issue of "La Nazione" and assorted previous tenants. The trick to overcoming buyer's remorse is to have a plan. Pick one room and make it yours. Go slowly through the house. Be polite, introduce yourself, so it can introduce itself to you."
This has been my inspiration.  However, it must be much easier in a
villa in Tuscany. An inherited house in Maryland is not as amazing!
Here is
my first attempt with paint to introduce myself!

Before:



After:


As soon as it is furnished, more pictures will come!!

No comments: