Monday, July 23, 2007

*Diet Coke Madness!*


So, I received some amusing emails regarding my earlier Diet Coke posting. The first, and by far the funniest, was from my most favorite man in Bucksport, Maine.

He says, "
The diet coke thing is simple. The rest of the world had coke lite (and it is disgusting everyplace) only to make America look so good. All the rest of the world buys it, but you can always get a smile when you see an American have their first taste of the crap. The expression could be used by movie directors to teach actors the look of losing their best friend. It is even intensified if the traveling American has gone a few weeks without diet coke."

This is the best description EVER! I laughed out loud and that rarely happens from an email!

The close second was more practical from one of may bad ass girlfriends, who has recently returned from a tour in Iraq and knows my pain firsthand:

She says, "
I can totally relate about Middle East diet coke. My solution was switching to Diet Pepsi which is a LOT better. The stuff we had has Turkish on it and it said "Harika Tat." We all actually started calling it "Harika tat." Take the pepsi challenge and report back to me."

Now, I took the Pepsi challenge and it has spawned another new dilemma (that's about par for most things in my life)

New problem:
While this turned out to be a more fabulous picture of my manicure, that label also state, "NOT TO BE USED BY PHENYLKETONURICS" I am a little germaphobic so I instantly wikipedia-ed "
Phenylketonuria"

I am assuming that I do not have this recessive gene since I have been drinking diet soda here for awhile. Did I miss something? Is this on labels at home? On a post script, the Pepsi is much better but still drastically different from the US. I am just going to have to get over it as it is one of the few things that isn't nice over here

1 comment:

Vic said...

FABULOUS nails! (um, sorry this really has nothing to do with Diet Coke).