Wednesday, July 25, 2007

How do you say?

I hear the above phrase all the time. Most of the Arab men I work with went to British schools and are desperate to learn American English.... especially the slang. I am not a great influence since I swear like a sailor and have mastered the art of putting the perfect insult together.

(If you have a queasy stomach or do not like gross things- please stop reading now)
The other day, my office mate groaned. I asked him if he was OK and he replied (like most of my friends, who are completely open about all bodily functions), "No, I don't feel good. I need to go to the bathroom."

The conversation could have stopped there. It really didn't need to have gone that far already.

He stands up and yells:
"Katie-Kate, How do you say? Huh? Wait.... I am going to blow it up!! The bathroom... get it?"

I do. I can't believe how funny this is. My reply has to be:
"Dude, first, I don't need to know you like that. Second, Americans get nervous when Arabs yell 'I am going to blow it up!!' so let's not do that again."

He still finds this to be the funniest thing ever! I am a fly strip for inappropriate!

4 comments:

Craig Bossie said...

This may be the best blog post I have ever read!

Unknown said...

Oh that's BRILLIANT...it's a true rarity when I laugh out loud from reading a blog....but my dear girl....you've done it!

Vic said...

I laughed out loud too! I wish you'd been there with me in Iraq, damnit.

Anonymous said...

Agreed. This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time.