Wednesday, July 25, 2007

*StormCenter- Day 3*

This is the 3rd day of my very first SANDSTORM!!! I was very excited about the sandstorm concept. If one lives in a normal desert, they seem to be crazy out of control! This is what I expected from pictures in Iraq: Awesome, right? I guess that these do occur here and they are like rainstorms in Florida- intense, dangerous, and about 15 minutes long!

In this particular case, the urban sprawl and the location of Dubai has created another ecosystem- trapping moisture and humidity off the gulf and sand from the desert. Over the past 2 decades, they have started to get clouds year round here. Anyway- back to the weather at hand.... This is what my first sandstorm has looked like since Sunday: What a let down! Not to mention, this is the most annoying weather place ever. You are sticky all the time from the humidity and then sand sticks to you.

No comments: