Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Hand Ball

So I am not a "sports" person but I have discovered the best way to watch these events is in Arabic. Al Jazeera has an ESPN knockoff that plays their favorite sports, which seems to be cricket, rugby, football, and what I saw tonight. I had to Google it since I had never seen anything like it. Team Handball! It is an Olympic Sport! I feel like I haven't been paying attention for years. It is hilarious to watch. It is like reverse soccer and you can only use your hands.

The American sports that have made it over include: NASCAR and WWE Wrestling. I have never laughed so hard in my entire life when I heard the good old boys announcing the race while the tickers streamed the opposite way in Arabic across the screen. I can't imagine why people over here think we violent people obsessed with cars! Whatever. At least we don't go all out for the Super Team Handball Bowl!

3 comments:

Chad said...

Because this is sometimes a "family" website, I'm going to refrain from expounding as to what "handball" translate to in gay terms . . . all I'll say is that I blushed and giggled when I read the subject of the post ;-)

Anonymous said...

I wanna watch handball. I was so starved for sports entertainment (and yes Baseball is not a sport, it's like golf, a reason to drink and injure yourself) that I watched the Mini-Putt National Championship. What does this have to do with your blog item? Nothing. I just like to turn everything around to talking about me. I love me.

KOA said...

I love that my friends will take anything automatically to the gutter! I will admit that I laughed to once I figured out what the game was actually called! What would we do without the internet to research instantly!

Mikey, Everything is about you. You are going to be the subject of my next blog.